Pages

Saturday, July 17, 2010

No account tidbits

Since my photo transferring problem is still in effect, and I don't want to deal with the issues today, and I don't want to write another food entry without the joy of photos, I have chosen to amuse you with more random thoughts.

Consider yourself forewarned!

We have baby ninja snails! Oh boy! Just how prolific are snails anyway?
I saw one this morning that was the size of that O up there in oh boy.
And two yesterday that were the size of a fingernail.
Hmmmmm I think this deserves some investigation.
Not by me, mind you.
I am not digging around for snails, ICK!!

I came across this Starbucks Natural Fusions Coffee in my grocery store the other day. It is the real deal, no artificial flavor cinnamon coffee.
Since I had a coupon...and it was on sale, I picked up a bag. YUM!! I had another coupon, so I hit another sale! Coffee is a two-fer...an absolute staple, and an everyday treat. Why not have coffee you really enjoy?

I honestly can't tell the difference between HD and regular TV, sorry!
Maybe if I saw them side by side??
Yes...I think then I could.
I think.

I am making a double batch of homemade wheat tortillas today which calls for a whole lotta rolling!!
I am glad my middle son is such a good sous chef here lately!

Still pondering what to do with those pablanos.
I don't want to waste them on something not fantastic.
This is really quite silly seeing as how I can get more, and it is not like they are crazy expensive or anything.
Sigh...what to do, what to do.

I have been carrying my dog up and down the stairs this week because she is not supposed to climb them.
Never thought I would be "that" person!

I am trying to decided if I should mop my floor before or after my company today.
I must tell you I am leaning toward after!

I love the simple goodness of pencil perfection.
A Dixon Ticonderoga tri-write fits the bill.


The warm wonderful familiarity of the classic #2 yellow pencil combined with the modern twist of three sided comfort.
And, to top it of...literally...the delicate pink eraser which never smears or gums up.
And the green! Oh, the green!
The shiny clover green used in both the labeling and where the three stripes join the pencil to the eraser!
Love, true love in a pencil.

I have been greasing the pole of my bird feeder with coconut oil, and find myself wickedly fascinated by watching the pesky squirrels make a jump for it, then slide down while gripping tightly!! They spend a good amount of time in contemplation on just how to beat this particular road block to their feeding frenzy.

My Lemon Thyme and Orange Mint have tripled in size since I planted them. I know, I know...I simply must take the time to google uses for them.
For now, I am just enjoying how gorgeous they look just outside my back door falsely accusing me of being a master gardener by their growth and glory.

I came across a recipe for Snickerdoodle Blondies while surfing yesterday.
My oldest son happened by the computer at that very moment; fortuitous for him I think.
Strange sounds began to emit from his throat and belly.
Growling, yearning, feed me sounds.


I think a fresh box of crayons is a sight to behold. All of those crisp edges waiting for you to draw them from the box and round them off with use.
I believe if I were presented with a new box of crayons everyday, I would simply have to color. The temptation to see them go from pristine to lovingly used would be too much to bear.


Somewhere around here is a box which has my CD's in it.

It feels pretty much impossible and improbable that I will ever be able to appropriately thank God for all that he has blessed me with. I am sure gonna give it my best shot though.

Have a great weekend!!

1 comment:

  1. Try my stuffed chiles for those poblanos- I think you'll like!! http://www.chocolatebroc.com/2010/05/why-fry.html

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!