Pages

Sunday, September 19, 2010

Too hard!

My husbands favorite cake is German Chocolate.



Somehow in the 19 years of our marriage I have managed to not make it from scratch!

How did that happen?
Oh, yes...the old days of cake mixes and tubs o' frosting!
And, visits from his Mommy, who made sure to fix her babywaybee's special cake!
Aren't Mom's the bomb!!

Anyway...
I determined this year I would tackle the cake.
I searched the internet and found a recipe which seemed determined to maximize the number of cake making steps to the fullest.
I must have been in a hurry and half out of my mind to choose that stinkin' recipe.
By the time I got done making that cake, I was exhausted!

I threw the recipe in the trash.
No really I did.
Pitched it right in there along with the 8 egg shells, and crushed it all down, listening gleefully to the sound of their further smashing.

It just doesn't have to be that hard to make a deliciously wonderful cake.
I would never recommend that recipe to you.

Now the cake however....YUM!!!
It is really, really good.
It is light and fluffy, ooey and gooey.
So delectable.
But not good enough to make again!
Ever!
So there!

Now the peanut butter cookie recipe I also tried....oh yeah!
I will be sharing that one with ya, asap!
Not making too many promises though as to the when.
It is my babies birthday this week, and that means busy busy Mommy.
Hey, I gotta carry on "the bomb" tradition, right!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!