Pages

Thursday, October 21, 2010

Cookies, almost!!

Peanut Butter Cookie Day!!!

Well I just spent 5 minutes searching for the photos I took of the Peanut Butter Cookies.
It was some time ago, so the confusion is merited!

I can find them in one part of my computer, but not the part that hooks to blogger!
Ahhh, now 13 minutes wasted. Sometimes I do so wish I were a computer geek and able to figure such things out.
I wouldn't be a good computer geek, I am way geekier in other ways though! I got the geek covered!

So, no photo of the cookies, which is fine for me because the original cookie I made was a sandwich cookie, and really the richness of this cookie makes eating just one almost impossible in the sandwich form.

This recipe came about because my oldest child (and husband to for that matter) was whining desperately for Nutter Butter Cookies.
I heartily refused, reminding them that it is firmly in the "kill your kid" food category.
Oh, I haven't used that term before have I?? hee hee.
I try not to use it in public, but I guess I just let it out of the bag huh?
Foods from the naughty list which are so rampant in our American diet, which are doing nothing nutritionally but stand for most of the "nutrition" in the average American kids life...that is kill your kid food.
My kids know I don't buy it, but yearn for it in a most desperate way some days.
Of course my oldest has the most trouble abstaining as he was the most exposed at a very young age. That poor baby survived off of pop-tarts and lunchables and loved it.
We know better know, but still have the craving for some of those yummy tastes.
Enter the Nutter Butter need.
I know that if I can make it at home it will be way better nutritionally and way better tasting too.

And, I get accolades, which I am into!
It helps to off-set the grumbling of the poor, poor children made to do chores and homework and such.

I did a search for copycat recipes, then went to All Recipes.com to check out some of their recipes. I read and read and read and finally got to one that I thought combined the best parts of what I wanted this cookie to be.
I converted the Oatmeal Peanut Butter Cookies III from that site.

You know what, I am sorry to do this to you, but I am seriously out of time for today.
I am gonna make yet another batch of these cookies when I get home this afternoon, so that I can have pictures for you, then I will post the recipe.
I know I also did not write down specific measurements for the icing (mmmm, yes there is icing), so I want to do that too for all of you specific measurer type people.

Okay, so wish me luck getting all my chores and running done...
...one of which is buying peanut butter, since I had to scrape the sides of the jar this morning for sandwiches!!
Don't expect anything until after 5ish, okay??
Oh, and the two of you sweet readers who are expecting a baby within the next 2-5 days, I hope I didn't get your cravings up to bad only to let you down.
If you lived close I would hand deliver cookies to you!!!
Oh, man I gotta go.
Be back later!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!