Pages

Friday, November 12, 2010


I just can't do it today!
I cannot relay my tales from the campfire for you...I just don't have the mental time or energy.
Wow that makes it sound like I am depressed or something...have no fear!
It is just that my brain is full of other stuff right now and I still have laundry to do and it is Friday already!!!
So, another picture blog it is today.

We have a few categories here to amuse and delight you!

Category 1:
Trees

I came to the crest of a hill and looked down to find this delightful group of trees lounging in the warmth of the sunrise. Mmmmmmm!


This tree in the midst of the tall grass was a wonderful solitary image until my two youngest stepped in close. I was so happy I turned when I did with the camera in hand.
It is one of my favorite photos of the weekend.
My kids, walking through the tall grass...sunshine warming their cold little bodies!


The root structure of this tree was so intricate and interesting! Neat-o!



So, maybe these are only sticks....or wanna be trees. I am not sure.
They were just so stark and bare.
Just caught my eye.



Category 2:
Shelters

This is the screened shelter which was a part of our campsite.
It housed a table and electricity!
You may read the word electricity and understand the word coffee in its place if you want to.



Each shelter had large hooks on each corner. We found this useful for making a tether for Shelby so she had a "run" of sorts.
The rule is animals on a leash at all times, period. This creation made it very helpful to not have to babysit her constantly!




Category 3:
Bugs

This little green fellow landed after we finished our sliced apples.
I suppose he is enjoying the leftovers!




This large fellow was hanging out on our tent. He was stunning in a buggy sort of way.
He bore a very strong resemblance to the tree close by.
He also told me to tell his cousin Mantis hello for him. I didn't have the heart to tell him Mantis hadn't been seen in quite some time.

I feel as though this little crab fits roughly into the bug category.
Well, he is closer to a bug than a tree or a shelter, right??

There were lots of these tiny little crabs all along the "beach" area of the lake we were visiting.
They could be found hiding under rocks, burrowed down beneath them.

So, there you have it, a few things from my trip which caught my eye or made me happy while I was away from home.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!