Pages

Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Please forgive my absence.
I see no end in sight of my busy-ness.

I am way overdue for a visit to the grocery store.
Way!!

I had to put cannellini beans in my pasta sauce to get a vegetable in my families life today.

Cannellini beans are rather large.
There is no hiding them.
I am just gonna have to fess up right off the bat.
No subterfuge.

I actually think it will be kinda great, beans in my pasta sauce on a whim.

Well, it isn't actually a whim, now is it when it is the only vegetable type thing in my house.
Well, that is not counting the whole package of floppy celery which I never got wrapped up.

Floppy celery is not a good thing...ever!!

I did make homemade beer bread.
It is all wrong though.
All I had was my pumpkin ale.
So wrong with pasta.

Pasta with random beans and pumpkin ale beer bread.
Not a combination on any menu in any fine restaurant!

But here, tonight...

...that is what we got!!

Sigh, off to feed my family!

Later!

1 comment:

  1. Oh Jen, I totally understand, and I'm totally in the same boat. Planned to shop Monday. Too sick. Postponed 'til today. Too sick. Made chicken soup instead (yes, with floppy celery, but sans cannellini beans - whatever they are!). Thought I'd shop Thursday; nope, too busy. I have to go TOMORROW, Wednesday!! ICKEY! I can't remember the last time I had to shop on a Wednesday, argh. TOOOO BUSY!!!! Thankfully the rest of the month actually lightens up for us, schedule-wise, THANKFULLY. We need to rest up, catch up(!), and get.well.

    Hang in there, Jen! Your house, btw, looks GORGEOUS! Love ya.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!