Pages

Monday, January 24, 2011

Photo post

The event I was rushing off to attend this morning was a reading shindig at my daughters elementary school.

It was a perfect opportunity to get my photo of the day work accomplished.

I selfishly set my camera on auto mode and took quite a few shots, not wanting to miss a thing because of lack of knowledge.
After all, Daddy was unable to make it and he was depending on me for a play by play.

I then headed to see my buddy (from over at Frugal Fotography) to check out some of the great shots she took at the outstanding photo class she attended this weekend. In fact if you click that there link you can see some of 'em too!!
We talked ISO, exposure, fstops, and unfortunately fractions.
Fractions are a demise of mine.
We have the same camera so it is fun to get together, click away and learn from each other.

I came home and took a number of photos to work on shooting in my manual setting.

My Shelby dog is always up for a photo shoot, so I chose her as my subject.
Here she is curled up in my lap, as she is want to do.

It is a mildly successful, moderate failure.
It is over exposed, but I was taking it in my living room with no overhead light at 7pm with only the next rooms light filtering in.
So, it is a failure because it is not done well.
But it is a success because it is clear (and not grainy) and I did it 100% by myself!!!

Also...Amazon let me know today that my photo editing tutorial book is on its way today!!!
Woohoo!!
I have more pictures to post but they have worked themselves into a story line which I will attempt to type out tomorrow. I have a feeling it won't be as funny tomorrow when I am not still deliriously tired and trying to make my kids laugh!! We shall see.

Goodnight

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!