Pages

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Eggs have hatched.

What you are about to see is not pretty!!
But, it is amazing!

A few of the tiny baby birds have hatched out.
They are nothing but wrinkly pink skin and weirdly large not yet opened eyeballs.

Oh, and mouths.
They heard their momma fussing at me and woke to open their mouths widely.
(Don't click on that picture for a closer look, really...don't do it.)

Speaking of...here she is.

She took off as soon as I approached the nest.
I crept quietly and gently, breathing slowly and deeply trying to appear meek and calm.
It didn't work though.
I tried to work quickly and got out of her space, apologizing and thanking her for sharing the wonder of new life.
I don't think she heard a word I said, as she never stopped talking herself!!!

Spring time presents so many lovely babies to appreciate!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!