Pages

Thursday, October 13, 2011

Week 40 edit

It is Thursday which means in order to keep up, I simply must put my SOOC to WOW edit up! 


I am pretty sure you might not have seen my sooc, so here it is!
A leaf suspended by an old spider's web.



I tried several things once again this week! 
The first being to get rid of the additional distractions.








Crop it out a bit and...
  A little sharpen here, a little color change there!

 Hmmmm, not sure that I am thrilled with any of it!  I don't have a program setting which would allow me to have a cool back ground and a warm leaf, that is what I really want.


I know what my problem is...it doesn't have any eyes!!  I am craving some eyeballs to capture and need the practice! 
I have my very first bridal portrait session this Saturday, and you know that can kind of stress can do a number on ya!!
Well, maybe you don't know, but I am sure you can imagine the jitters and excitement!!
Eeeeeek! 

There were some truly lovely shots this week with the leaf theme, if you get a chance go take a look!

5 comments:

  1. Now I think that looks incredible - such a simple composition but it really does stand out!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like it! I love the slight change in tones - very cool capture. Congrats on the bridal session! I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like how it turned out- I love that it's suspended so in the edit it gives it a floating down from the tree feel. Beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very cool how it is just floating and that you got the background all clean! I personally love the tones and colors in all of these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think you did a great job with the edit - I like how it pops out that much more! I think if you want a warm foreground and a cool background, depending on what program you use to edit, you can use and adjustment brush (Lightroom and ACR) or masks (Photoshop) to selectively colour/edit different parts of the photo.

    Good luck with your Bridal Session - that is so exciting! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!