Pages

Monday, November 14, 2011

A post just to say I did.

Okay friends, here is the latest!!! 
I think I will make this a random thoughts post as I am in a time crunch!

As you can plainly tell this blog is a sufferin', big time.

The farther along I get towards my goal of being a "real" photographer the less time I have for this site here! 

I find I am spending a LOT of time messing with, reading about, crying over, trying again, making headway,  and making mistake with the Lightroom trial I have loaded on my computer.  Every time I open it I both love it and hate it. 
Ignorance and frustration can't keep me away though because it is an amazing program!! 

It makes what I have been using before look like child's play.
I can't go back.

So all that to say, I have spent a TON of time either using this program or learning to use this program or researching how to use this program. It is fairly intuitive, but I want to be able to wrangle all the amazing stuff out of it that I can.

 One of the things that I find fascinating is a little thing called a Preset.
With one click of a button you can dramatically change the look of an image.
They are like code written into a program which tells Lightroom what to do.



Some people all they do is write these programs and sell them, which makes the editing of photos go so much faster once you figure out if one of them suits what you want a final photo to look like.
See my example to the left.  One click, that was all.
I know it isn't all majorly impressive, but it sure simplifies things.

On another note...I am shooting a wedding this weekend. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!

I am super excited at the opportunity it affords. 
I am super excited about the lenses that I am renting for the occasion and am anticipating their arrival Wednesday or Thursday from which point on I may not actually let go of my camera except for eating and sleeping so that I can get as much out of these lenses as I can.
It is not everyday, or every year for that matter that a $2300.00 lens finds itself on my camera and I am so thrilled to be able to see what I can do with the Canon EF 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II USM Telephoto Zoom Lens. 

I bought my dog a sweater today...she shivers when it is cold.  Now if it would just get cold.
It is green and has Santa on it. 
I am not sure what the best color for her would be. I tend to think a nice rusty orange, but often buy pink for her because she is a girl. 


I took that picture there with my friends Canon 7D.  She is letting me borrow it as a backup camera for the wedding.  Oh it is similar, but oh it is different.  I just need some familiarity with it just in case something crazy should happen to mine. 
Let's just pray it doesn't...fervently okay?? 

I have a fellow who is on leave from the Marines coming by to visit the family this evening. 
I hope he feels loved and cherished before he has to set off again.

I am going to make french toast, eggs and bacon.
My neighbor from England says you simply can't eat syrup on your "eggy toast".  I wondered outloud just what one does eat on it if not syrup. 
She replied Ketchup.  WHAT???  Can you even imagine in your worst nightmares having Ketchup on your french toast....blech!!! 
Oh she is funny that one!! 

I really have no more time to dedicate here.
I promise I am working and making progress it just isn't happening here.
Gotta run.

1 comment:

  1. I have been having french toast for breakfast every morning here in Cambodia....they don't serve syrup with it, but HONEY!!!!! OH SO GOOD!!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!