Pages

Friday, May 7, 2010

Sigh!

Hello there! Happy Friday. I am not really ready to share too much of my new house with you (unless you came over for a walk thru) because so much is still such a disarray and photos just don't give the right feel.

However, yesterday as I was sitting in my "art room" working...I knew I was gonna have to share this particular area of happiness!
I have long been crammed into shared spaces to do any art work that should come about. For the longest time I was at the dining room table. Which if you haven't been to my house, consisted of a plastic covered 8 ft. folding table. It was so wonderful to work on that big ole space, but all work had to get moved when it came time for homework or dinner. Kind of a bummer on work in progress.
Then I was able to purchase a huge drafting table!!! It was a birthday gift to myself last year, partially funded by a super awesome person. (Yeah, I am talking about you cause I know you come here to read, and I thank you for that, reading...and the table too!)

This 5ft. table was tucked into the corner of our master bedroom where I could now leave out work in progress but, had to work around sleep patterns of the other guy who shares my room. Kinda hard to sleep when those nice bright drawing lights are on.

Well, now I have a whole room all to myself. It is supposed to be the dining room in this house, but I selfishly claimed it as my own. My too, too sweet for words supportive husband agreed and is working on a plan for a wood floor in there eventually. Ahhhh, it makes my heart swell.

So, not only do I have an amazing space to work, I also have a great view of some of my favorite portions of the house. I sit in my drawing chair and just sigh with happiness. I know you won't totally be able to feel the love from these photos, but when you come over I will make you sit in my chair and you can sigh too!

Okay, so here goes. If I am sitting in my chair and look to the left, here is what I see...

That is the long expanse of my kitchen, a window into the backyard, and the new given with love dining room table where eventually I will place the chairs which came with it. Hee hee, gonna get to it. Just out that window is a bird feeder which we are currently using to fatten up the squirrels. arrrgggghhhh.
Oh, and the tulips...yeah my husband sent those to me for Mother's day.
He knows I love tulips!

Now we are gonna stand by the tulips and look back the other direction, so you can see where I would be sitting.


See thru that doorway straight ahead is where my chair is. I get to open the blinds on those three ginormous windows and enjoy the natural light most of the day!! It is a wonder I get any work done at all.

When I look straight ahead seated at my table I have a view of the stairs and entry way. Perfect for keeping tabs on the kids as they meander in and out of view.

Well, this has been a very hastily written post, so sorry for any errors or weird wording, but that is all the time I have for today. I've got places to be and people to see.
Okay, actually I really just need to seriously unpack some boxes.

More later!

2 comments:

  1. God's blessing are good! I love your new home and can't wait until our next visit to The Woodlands. I'm thankful and happy for your new nook. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WONDERFUL! It's almost exactly as I'd envisioned it!!!! Can't wait to see it in person ... someday. Ssssso happy for you about that space!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!