Pages

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Sunday photos

Alrighty, I must admit it is nice to have a specific challenge for the day for picture taking.
It takes some of the burden away of thinking outside the box on my own!
Today the challenge theme: The Ones They Love.

I made the mistake of asking my boys while cooking lunch what makes them happy...can you guess what answer I got?

BACON!!!
We did without bacon for sometime till I found some without preservatives and other gunky stuff.
Those were dismal days my friends, dismal days!!


I gotta say...I love this pan!! It makes cooking so many things so much easier!

My Mom-in-law got it for me for a house warming gift.
It is amazing, as is she!


I didn't think to ask my puppy what makes her happy, but found out quickly today that a ride in the van fits the bill.

I mean, is that happy or what???
Crazy eyed happy!

She calmed down a bit, then just looked content!

But very, very alert!


My girl had no doubt whatsoever about the one tangible thing that gives her happiness!

I kept at it, asking her to sit different ways!
(If you are new here...my kids are not a feature on my blog which makes taking photos of "the ones I love" a little more tricky!!)


I like this one best I think!! Or the one above...so hard to choose.


I did take another just for myself, (and for her sometime in the future) with her cute little bespectacled face snuggled up close to her pony Sarah!!


I have been trying to make a point about fstop to several people and finally have a photo example. Just for kicks I took the same photo...only changing the fstop on my camera at the time.
Let's just see what a difference that makes.
ISO400 f/3.5

ISO 400 f/11

See how the second is way darker (even after I lightened it up a bunch) and the focus is not as tight on the vain mermaid!
When I get my new lens which is stuck somewhere in Kansas in ice and snow, I will take yet another to show ya the even more dramatic difference.

We can find happiness in lots of stuff, but our JOY comes from the Lord!
Can I have an amen on that one??!!

1 comment:

  1. Oh, you can have a hearty Amen!! Praise God from whom all your pictured blessings (and so many that can't be pictured) flow.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for taking the time to comment, every single one just makes my day!!